A Message from the Chief Executive Officer - Dr Nigel Nichols
Provet was established in Brisbane in 1982 by a group of five founding directors and a number of investors all of whom were veterinarians. The founding Directors positioned Provet on a sound corporate governance platform to enable the rapid expansion in Australia and New Zealand that has occurred since 2000.
Provet has grown to be the largest veterinary distributor in Australia and New Zealand and has a sales office in Hong Kong. In our commitment to provide superior logistics we have an unmatched footprint of ten distribution centres in Australia and three in New Zealand with all but two of our facilities climate controlled to ensure product storage within manufacturer specifications.
Provet has always held a philosophy of being more than a distributor. Rather, we are partners with our clients facilitating them to run better businesses. To that end we have diversified into:
- Inventory management through Provet e-Order, which manages inventory at practice level, interfaces with all the major Veterinary Practice Management software programmes, a stocktake module and electronic ordering.
- Veterinary Practice Management Software with two products:
- Training and consulting through Crampton Consulting and Animal Industries Resource Centre
- Vet nurse training
- Practice consulting and training in:
- Customer service
- Strategic planning
- Financial management
- The Provet PLUS loyalty programme is an innovative, extensive and flexible programme converting business spend with Provet, to business improvement reality.
- Professional sponsorship of various groups, which a professional improvement legacy by making Continuing Education more affordable to our clients and the wider profession:
- The Australian Veterinary Association Gold Partner in Education.
- Equine Veterinarians Australia Platinum conference sponsor and education partner.
- Both practice management groups
- Various Divisions and other Special Interest Groups of the Australian Veterinary Association
On December 31, 2010 Provet became a Henry Schein (HSI) company. HSI is a global health distribution company, a NASDAQ 100 and Fortune 500 company which operates in human dental, human medical and veterinary sectors in North America, Europe and Australasia.
Strategically this provides Provet with global resources within a company that is philosophically and culturally aligned to Provet. We are now significantly better resourced to partner with our clients in helping them run more successful practices.
With our global resources but local focus we strive in our pursuit of excellence in relationships with all stakeholders – clients, suppliers and staff.
Chief Executive Officer
The Provet Group of Companies